SGFR Cooks is a weekly vlog that showcases cooks of the SG Food Rescue community. We rescue unsold food from businesses and give it to people who can use it.
90 percent of the food we rescue goes to the low income, while the balance is brought home for personal consumption. Sometimes Food Rescuers are unsure how to best use the food that they have brought home.
SGFR Cooks shares recipes from our community members to inspire others to use food in new and creative ways.
Below are the permalinks to the videos. To be updated on the latest videos, please follow our page.
Introduction to SG Food Rescue
Restaurant Chef Jeremy Cheok’s Recipes
- Sweet Bell Pepper Soup
- Fruit & Potato Salad
- Asian Slaw
- Avocado Brownies
- Leftover Turkey Breast with Potato Au Gratin
- Bangers and Cauliflower Mash
- Blooper Reel – Pomegranate
- Braised Tofu, Shiitake & Mustard Greens with Rice Noodles
Cafe Chef Azurah’s Recipes
Food Rescuer Allan Chan’s 6 Home-Cooked Recipes using Common Ingredients
- How to reduce ingredient food waste from your kitchen
- Stir-fried Chayote
- Bashed Up Tomato Paste
- Fried Tomato Eggs
- Stir-fried Capsicums & Onions (with Tomato Paste)
- Baked / Air-fried Potato Fries
- Vegetable Miso Soup
Food Rescuer Zaiton Jaffar’s Malay Cuisine Recipes
- Ondeh Ondeh Sweet Potatoes (Stuffed Glutinous Rice Balls)
- Jemput Jemput (Mashed Banana Fritters)
- Begedil (Malaysian Potato Patty)
- Sweet Pumpkin Dessert
- Stir Fried Pumpkin (with Basil & Curry Powder)
Food Rescuer Lynnette Terh’s Recipes To Deal With Large Amounts of Rescued Food
Recipes and videos from the SGFR Community
To be updated on the latest videos, please follow our page.